Backpack: Universal Player FAQ
We have received a lot of questions regarding how to use the Elephorm Universal Player with Hal's Lightroom videos. Here is the entire FAQ for the player with step by step description and images.
For those who might not be familiar Hal's Lightroom training is available via streaming video or you can download the content to your desktop/laptop. If you download the interface to play the videos is the Universal Player.
Currently, you can stream all of the videos on your idevices but the content is not downloadable there yet. An iOS app for iPad/Phone is almost ready though.
Thank you to everyone for providing the great feedback and reviews!
If you have not checked the training out yet, you can find it here
Universal Player FAQ
What is the Universal Player ?
If you have access to Internet, you can view our tutorials with no installation needed. But what if you want to train yourself on the train, the plane or in an hotel with sluggish internet access ? That’s when our Universal Player comes in handy. We’ve made a super simple to follow step-by-step.
Connect to en.elephorm.com with your email and password, and locate the Universal Player Blob, as shown on picture below. Click on the Install button and follow instructions.
After installation, the player will open automatically. You will then be prompted to accept the End User License Agreement (EULA) and to enter your details (same email and password you use to connect to en.elephorm.com)
You are now in your library, and you’ll be able to download your tutorials to HD in a few clicks.
- Click on the Arrow Icon on the right to initiate download
- On first Download, you’ll be prompted to choose a directory. We suggest you use the one proposed, and avoid external HDs. Once chosen, all tutorials you may download must go into the same folder.
- The flashing Arrow and the VOD label that turns into a HDD label means your videos are being transferred to your HD.
- If you see a VOD label next to the Arrow Icon, you didn’t downloaded yet, but can view as you would on the site, that is streaming.
Please move on to next section to understand what’s happening behind the scenes
Understanding the Player
: To access the Lessons Summary shown in the picture below, you just have to click on the Chapter Access button in the Library.
A few things you should know:
- The player will download all the videos in a folder that should not be moved or renamed. You can choose which directory the folder will be created to, we suggest you should use the one first proposed.
- Some tutorials have 200 chapters, and an over 15 hours duration. It will take some time to download, so please plan ahead !
- The player downloads a maximum of 3 videos at a time, to save bandwidth. These three videos cannot be watched until completely downloaded (a progress bar shows download status, see picture below), all other videos, either downloaded or not can be viewed.